The Cave Diving Group was founded in 1946 and has a history that CDG members are justifiably proud of. This manual is the distillation of that history. The CDG has highly experienced cave divers within its ranks; it also draws on the experience of its past members. This manual contains some of that experience.
Format: the book is soft bound, with 224 pages
4 Colour digital throughout
52 colour pictures and 14 illustrations.
This manual is based on the previous edition, extensively revised, extended and updated. That work and the contribution of new text has been carried out by:
David Brock, John Cordingley, Colin Hayward, Duncan Price, Rupert Skorupka, Rick Stanton, Mike Thomas, John Volanthen, Andrew Ward, Clive Westlake.
- Chapter 1 The Cave Diving Group
- Chapter 2 Dive planning
- Chapter 3 Equipment and configuration
- Chapter 4 Core skills
- Chapter 5 Exploring and recording sumps
- Chapter 6 Specialist skills and equipment
- Chapter 7 Awareness of mixed gases
- Chapter 8 Rebreathers
- Chapter 9 Dry caving and the cave diver
- Chapter 10 Cave diving outside the UK
- Appendix 1: CDG Documentation
- Appendix 2: Accident analysis
- Appendix 3: Further reading
- Appendix 4: Emergency contacts
This product was added to our catalog on Saturday 01 March, 2008.